Koforidua Technical University which was established in the year 1997. The University , which was founded with the vision of producing high-level, career-focused and skilled manpower to support the country’s industrial growth, has since 1999 turned out graduates with Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accountancy, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply Statistics and Computer Science.
The University currently has five faculties and one Institute namely, the Faculty of Business and Management Studies, Faculty of Applied Science, Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences and Technology, Faculty of Built and Natural Environment, Faculty of Engineering and the Institute of Open and Distance Learning (IODL). The University has increased its academic programme offerings significantly from two (2) at the inception of 1997 to a total of twenty(20) Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes and Thirteen (13) Bachelor of Technology (B-Tech) programmes.
The University is committed to rapid staff development to meet the needs of the growing student population which currently stands at 6,895 for the 2016/2017 Academic year. Through several collaborations, a significant number of staff members are pursuing further studies in Ghana and abroad.
According to the church history, in 1843, the Presbyterian Church of Ghana established the first primary school in the country. This sparked off a series of bold, visionary and pioneering initiatives in the development of education in the country. Five years later, it established the Presbyterian Training College (PTC) at Akropong, the second higher educational institution in West Africa after Fourah Bay College in Sierra Leone. Since those early beginnings, the Presbyterian Church of Ghana has established and managed, in partnership with the Government of Ghana , hundreds of primary schools, many high schools and colleges of education.
These schools and colleges, guided by the proverbial Presbyterian discipline, set very high moral as well as educational standards, which have characterized the Presbyterian Education tradition. Also in partnership with government, the church has provided and managed Professional, Technical and Vocational Institutions in a wide range of fields including Agriculture and Health. Specifically, the church has established 1,886 schools comprising 490 Nurseries, 973 Primary Schools, 388 Junior High Schools, five (5) Vocational Institutes, five (5) Colleges of Education and 25 Senior High Schools.
With the establishment of the Presbyterian Training College (PTC), it was hoped that, like the Fourah Bay College in Sierra Leone, it might one day be upgraded to a university. However, after several years, it was not until 1996 that the Synod of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana at that time took the bold decision to initiate steps into establishing a university. The body charged with pushing forward this initiative, the Presbyterian University Implementation Committee, was formally established in 1998. It is through these efforts and the determination of the Church that the Presbyterian University College, Ghana has come into being.
Established in 1996 through the All Nations International Development Agency (ANIDA), All Nations University set itself apart through an ever-innovative spirit and commitment to opening paths in places others only dare to dream.
All Nations University College (ANUC) is a private Christian institution of higher learning situated in Koforidua, the capital of Eastern Region of the Republic of Ghana. Home to over 3500 students and set on a stunning 1000-acre land in the outskirts of Koforidua, Eastern Region, ANUC generated an explosion in development across our community through consistent innovation, dedication to improvement and swift problem-solving abilities.
The Akyem Abuakwa Traditional Council (AATC) is historically known to be committed to traditional community participation in the provision of formal education. This was demonstrated as far back as 1937 with the establishment of Abuakwa State College, long before the nation attained independence. Encouraged by this success, the Council is blazing the trail again by establishing a University at Bunso. According to various Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), the Traditional Council agreed to mutual co-existence of the new University with the state institutions already occupying parts of the campus and to share in educational facilities and benefit from human resources.